Wednesday, March 6, 2013

the buzz: Mar 6

Ok, so lately the weekly buzz hasn't been so weekly. But with the Summer Fresh five recipe challenge, two jobs, and a nasty two week cold, it was all I could to get out of bed and write a single word.

First, the big news this past week: Fid Resto is closing it's doors at the end of May. While the news has hit Hali hard, the owners, Monica and Dennis, maintain they're simply moving forward. Sounds hopeful to me. And if Dennis' food truck take over of The Food Wolf at Savour last week was any indication, it's not the last we'll see of him. Stay tuned for exciting dinners and events at Fid before they bid us adieu.

Speaking of Savour (post coming soon), with February now over, so too has Dine Around and the Savour Food and Wine Festival come to an end. But don't think that means you can stop eating. March has a whole world of events to help you through the last few weeks of Winter. Events like The Grill, Halifax's first burger week. Despite having eaten my way through all the new burger joints, I'll gladly do it all over again especially if it means there's a chance to win a Big Green Egg. And with my winning streak back (I just won a tasting journey for two from MODA Urban Dining AND tickets for four to a St Cecelia concert from Local Connections), that egg has got my name on it.

If you love food as much as I do then you'll be all over The Coast's Best of Food Survey that hit the web today. There is a slightly new format this year which you can read about here. I was one of those "incredibly wise food bloggers" so here's hoping my nominations made the cut. Oh, and would you look at that. I am nominated for best local food blog! Feel free to throw a vote my way or to one of my girls: Lia (Se7en's a Banquet, 9ine's a Brawl), Kelly (Kelly Neil), Aimee (Food Je T'Aimee), or Sheena (Butter versus Burpees).

Lastly, this weekend, well starting today actually, marks the 25th annual East Coast Music Week. So why not grab some dinner at a local resto and take in some awesome East Coast music. Sounds like a killer combo to me.

Until next week (or the week after!)...